Job Posting: Vice President, Sport & Programs - Deadline: July 27, 2016
It is the mission of Special Olympics Manitoba to enrich the lives of individuals with an intellectual disability though active participation in sport.
Special Olympics Manitoba is now seeking a dynamic leader for the full time position of Vice-President, Sport & Programs.
Reporting to the President & CEO, you will lead, manage and motivate staff in the facilitation of program, coach and community development. You will develop and monitor the sport budget, as well as initiate a larger Special Olympics presence in the community. As a member of the senior management team, you will contribute to, and participate in the achievement of organizational priorities at the regional, provincial, and national levels.
- Undergraduate Degree in Physical Education, Recreation Studies or related program and/or experience;
- Proven staff management skills;
- Effective leadership skills;
- Expertise in sport management and an understanding of the amateur sport system in Manitoba;
- Experience in developing and managing budgets over $500,000;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in planning and implementing events;
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, while supporting staff in the execution of their responsibilities.
Resumes should indicate past experience, educational qualifications and salary expectations. Send in confidence to:
Special Olympics Manitoba
304 -145 Pacific Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 2Z6
Resumes must be received before 4:30pm Wednesday July 27th, 2016.
Only those who will be interviewed will be notified.