2021-2022 Registration Information
WELCOME (BACK) TO OUR ATHLETES!
After a long 18 months, Special Olympics Manitoba is very excited to be offering in-person programming for the 2021-2022 season in the coming weeks. Although we are very excited to get back to in-person programming, it is important for us to share with you that not all programs will be offered due to COVID-related reasons that are beyond our control. For those programs that are not able to be offered this program year, athletes will be contacted separately to try our best to work with them to find a spot in another program if possible.
The registration timing will also be different than previous years as we will be opening registration on a program-by-program basis based on when each specific program is ready to start. Please keep an eye on your email as well as check back on our website for weekly updates as to what programs are ready for registration.
As a result of the province’s new requirements regarding mask wearing and proof of vaccinations, the SOM Return to Play requirements for in-person activities have been updated accordingly:
• All adult athletes (age 18 years+) participating in or attending a Special Olympics Manitoba activity/club/program/event will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status, upon request.
• Athletes aged 17 years and under do not need to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status to participate at this time. • All coaches, volunteers, officials, staff, family, and spectators (age 12 years+) participating in or attending a Special Olympics Manitoba activity will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status, upon request
• In-person activities include, but are not limited to, weekly club training sessions, competitions, fundraising events, and meetings, and apply to both indoor and outdoor settings
• Facilities in Manitoba will be requiring the use of non-medical masks; however, athletes have the option to remove the mask while actively participating. Facilities also reserve the right to request that masks remain on at all times and in some cases may require proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status for everyone over 12 years of age.
• For those that cannot provide proof of vaccination, Special Olympics Manitoba will continue to offer virtual programming on our FLEX website that athletes and volunteers can fully participate in. Virtual programming is available for all athletes and volunteers if they choose to continue participating, in addition to their in-person program options.
• For those who do not have access to technology, we will continue to offer our Tablet loaner option. For more information, contact Erin Harper at email@example.com or 204-795-0013.
To find out which programs are ready to start the 2021-2022 program year, Click Here to visit the Regional pages on our website. Click on your Region and you will see the list of programs currently active and open for registration. These lists will be updated every Tuesday as more programs are ready to go.
If your email has changed since last time you registered, please contact Katherine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-925-5628 (Toll-Free: 1-888-333-9179) and I will update the system with your new email before you get started with registering.
HOW TO REGISTER:
1. Go to the Registration Portal to enrol for this year.
2. If you are an athlete who is over 18 and legally able to handle your own affairs, you can register on your own. If you are under the age of 18 or have parents/caregivers who handle your affairs, your parent/caregiver will have to register on your behalf.
3. To assist in registering, please watch these videos to walk you through the registration and enrolment process: Registration Tips and Tricks - YouTube
4. There will be no registration or user fees for the 2021-2022 program year, except for bowling lane fees which can change from one alley to another, not just one region to another.
5. For those of you who are returning, you may need to change your password. When setting up a new password, remember the password must be at least 8 characters long, and contain an upper-case letter, a lower-case letter, a number, and a symbol.
6. If you are a Group Home and have not yet registered on the Portal previously, please complete this form and submit it. I will then link your clients to your group home so you can manage their registrations for them.
Remember your enrolment in a program is not confirmed until you receive an email advising your enrolment has been approved. It is very important that you do not show up to program until you have been contacted to do so.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through the logistics of getting programs safely ready for your return. As always, please do not hesitate to contact the Provincial Office or your Region’s Registration Coordinator (contact info below) if you have any questions or additional assistance with registration/enrolling.
Central Region: Sabrina Klassen - email@example.com
Eastman Region: Cathy Wiebe - firstname.lastname@example.org
Interlake Region: Ryan Croy - email@example.com
Norman Region: Melissa Branconnier - firstname.lastname@example.org
Parkland Region: Doreen Miles - email@example.com
Westman Region: Barbara Scott - firstname.lastname@example.org
Winnipeg Region: Janice Howe - email@example.com
Our office is presently not open for athletes to come register, however we can make alternate arrangements. Have fun in your programs and stay safe.
Katherine Cheyne (she/her)
Special Olympics Manitoba
Tel 204 925 5628
Mobile 204 781 6405